Sunday 4 April 2010

Easter Celebration

I really enjoyed leading worship this morning. The Sunday School did a great job with their Easter Play, and the congregation were in fine voice with their singing.

It was the first time I had led a complete Easter Sunday service. It was very special.

When I was preparing my sermon, I know I wanted to keep it short and sweet. It was to be a positive message, inviting people to join in the eternal party in Jesus' home.

It also needed to be based on the Easter Story and to help people see the relevance of that in their everyday lives in the present day.

And I wanted it to be very personal, so that the individual people in the congregation would be drawn into the story, feel part of it, and engage with Jesus themselves. You can read it for yourself on my Lenten Blog.

The church was pretty full. There were clearly a lot of visitors there who had come to be with their friends and family during this Easter weekend.

There were many parents and grandparents too, present to support and watch their children and grandchildren. There were even a few babies in for the fun!

All in all, it was a wonderful celebration of Jesus' Resurrection from death. The darkness of Holy Week is replaced by a burst of intense light as the glory of God's Son is revealed in all his majesty.

Jesus, my Lord, is risen indeed. I will sing praise to Him forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment